How the White Rose Forest team uses your information
The categories of information that we process include:
– personal identifiers and contacts (such as your name, contact details and address).
This list is not exhaustive. To access the current list of categories of information we process please contact White Rose Forest c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
Why we collect and use your information
We use landowner data to:
a) enable us to carry out specific functions for which we are responsible
b) derive statistics which inform decisions such as the funding of planting schemes
c) assess performance and to set targets for White Rose Forest programmes
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing your information are:
- Article 6, (1) (a) Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Article 9, (2) (a) the data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes.
Collecting your information
We collect your information via our Expression of Interest form linked from the website www.whiteroseforest.org and via our team mailbox email@example.com.
Your data is essential for the White Rose Forest’s operational use. Whilst most of the personal information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is requested on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the data protection legislation, we will inform you at the point of collection, whether you are required to provide certain personal information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing your data
We will hold data securely for as long as we are working with you and for no longer than is reasonably necessary or until you request the data is removed.
You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we share your information with
We may share your information with:
- relevant local and/or planning authorities.
- relevant partners of the White Rose Forest Joint Venture (see www.whiteroseforest.org/about/our-partnership for current partners).
- relevant potential providers of funding for tree planting.
- Potential contractors and/or volunteer organisations who can help deliver any tree planting projects.
Why we regularly share your information
We do not share information about landowners with anyone without consent. The aim of sharing is to help identify and develop the best funding/support package for each landowner to delivery tree planting schemes, to help connect volunteers with tree planting projects and to process and communicate about donations.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact White Rose Forest c/o email@example.com
You also have the right to:
- to ask us for access to information about you that we hold
- to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- to restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing)
- to object to direct marketing
If you have a concern or complaint about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Withdrawal of consent and the right to lodge a complaint
Where we are processing your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you change your mind, or you are unhappy with our use of your personal data, please let us know by contacting the White Rose Forest c/o firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you revisit this information from time to time. This version was last updated on 13 March 2021.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact: White Rose Forest c/o email@example.com